Biofuels can be produced from sugars of forest biomass or side-streams of wood processing industry....
Whether you read your book in a physical or digital copy, social reading services help you to share...
Biocomposites challenge chipboard as furniture material. Researchers at VTT have developed a kitchen...
Fibre Value-seminar by VTT ForestTech
Sunday, 11 March 2012 09:02
You are warmly welcome to join the Fibre Value-seminar organised by VTT ForestTech on Tuesday 17.04.2012 to learn about the latest breakthroughs by VTT in packaging, printed media and biomaterials. The seminar is targeted for all parties in the value networks of printed media and packaging.
The seminar covers topics from water footprint to media and packaging trends, and from novel ways to utilise industrial side-streams to new forming technologies, and everything in between. Join the seminar in Otaniemi in Finland, or choose the presentations most interesting for you and follow them on-line via web.Fibre value seminar 17.04.2012 – programme
Place: VTT Auditorium, Tekniikantie 2, Otaniemi, Espoo (or via web) GMT +02:00 Helsinki time
10:00 Opening of the seminar and the webinar
10:15 Resource-efficiency and added value with novel technologies
- Renewal by rethinking technologies, Dr Erkki Hellén
- Efficient piloting: next generation fibre products with foam forming, Dr Janne Poranen
- Toward industrial roll-to-roll production of nanofibrillated cellulose film, Vesa Kunnari
- Versatile surface treatment with foam technology, Karita Kinnunen - Ultrathin barriers with ALD, Jenni Sievänen
- Active paper, Tomi Erho
11:45 Lunch break
12:30 Changing Raw Material Supply
- Global fibre resources, Dr Jari Sirviö
- Recycled fibre – a part of bioeconomy, Dr Elias Retulainen
- European biomaterial potential, Lauri Kuutti
13:15 Media Use
- How to benefit from user information, Dr Peter Ylen
- Social reading, Timo Kuula
- Co-creation with users – case studies, Aino Mensonen
14:00 Sustainable and Smart Performing Package
- Packaging Research – focus on applications, Jouni Lattu
- Packaging that delivers convenience & customized service, Elina Rusko
- Active and intelligent features in packaging, Tomi Erho
14:45 Coffee break
15:15 Environmental footprints and fibre product's life cycle
- Sustainability Assessment, Helena Wessman
- Examples of environmental impact assessment applications - Case Media Products of Alma Media, Catharina Hohenthal
- Carbon footprint of UPM ProFi wood plastic composite, Mari Ovaskainen
16:00 Novel Fibre products
- Forest-based material biorefinery, Dr Prof. Ali Harlin
- Non-woven and tissue, Dr Pirjo Heikkilä
- Fibre Composites, Kirsi Immonen
16:50 Closing of the webinar
To join the seminar on-the-spot, register here by Wed. 4th April
To join the webinar on-line via internet connection, register here
For the webinar you can pre-register at any time. By pre-registering you can also check the web connection and webinar compatibility in advance.