Save the date for the next biennial discussion forum for the paper physics community. The topics cover the broad field of physical properties of paper, paperboard, and new cellulose-containing materials.
The program will contain presentations reporting on the latest experimental, theoretical and computational developments. Recent development of fundamental and applied contributions are welcomed to the Seminar.
There will be specially invited plenary speakers aiming at bringing industry and academia together for in-depth discussions on selected topics in paper physics and its potential impact on industry. The plenary speakers are
- Tuomo Suntola (PhD, FIN), technology leader and inventor, awarded the Millennium Technology Prize in 2018, for Atomic Layer Deposition Technology.
- Douglas W. Coffin (Professor, Miami University Ohio, US). He was awarded the TAPPI Corrugated Division Award and Bettendorf Prize in 2011 for his contributions to the field.
- Anna Suurnäkki (PhD FIN). She has extensive experience in carrying out and steering the research of fibre processing and novel wood-based materials.
- Tom Lindström (Professor, SWE) is currently a senior advisor to the boards of BiMaC Innovation Centre and FPIRC at the KTH. He received the William H. Aiken Technical Award in 2016 for outstanding contributions to the Forest Products Industry.
- October 1, 2019 Registration opens
- January 31, 2020 Submission of extended abstracts for oral presentation
- Mach 1, 2010 Submission of abstracts for poster presentation
- April 15, 2020 End of early-bird registration
- May 5, 2020 End of registration
In addition to oral presentations, a special poster contest for young researchers and a visit to Äänekoski Bioproduct mill will be arranged.
The seminar will be held at University of Jyväskylä in Finland.
For detailed information, please visit the web page
Progress in Paper Physics Seminar 2020, https://www.jyu.fi/en/congress/ppps2020
Jarmo Kouko, Senior Scientist, tel. +358 50 7243 809, email@example.com